RRB NTPC is a competitive exam for the non-technical posts conducted by Railway Recruitment Board (RRBs). The full form of NTPC is Non-Technical Popular Categories.
RRB NTPC 2020 Exam Pattern: RRB Recruitment Exam has three main stages including 1st Stage CBT, 2nd Stage CBT, Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT), Typing Skill Test and Document Verification/ Medical Examination. Selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of above-mentioned recruitment stages. Let’s look at the Exam Pattern of the RRB NTPC (Graduate & under Graduate) 2020 Exam.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern for Ist Stage CBT
The duration of the 1st stage CBT of RRB NTPC is90 minutes (120 minutes for PwBD candidates accompanied with scribe). The test paper for this stage exam is comprised of the questions from General Awareness, Mathematics, and General Intelligence and Reasoning. It has100 objective type multiple-choice questions. These questions are typically of Class 10, 12 and graduation level.
Exam duration 90 minutes
No. of questions (each of 1 mark from)
General awareness 40
Total Number of Questions 100
• The examination duration will be 120 minutes for PwBD candidates accompanies with scribe
• The section wise distribution given above is subjective based on previous year papers and there may be variations in actual question papers
• There will be negative marking and 1/3 shall be deducted from paper for each wrong answer
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern for 2nd Stage CBT
RRB NTPC 2020 exam pattern for 2nd stage CBT is comprised of three sections including General Questions Awareness, Mathematics, and General Intelligence and Reasoning. It carries a total of 120 questions.
Exam duration in minutes 90 minutes
No of questions (each of 1 mark)
General Awareness 50
General Intelligence and reasoning 35
Total number of questions 120
The duration of the test is 90 minutes (120 minutes is given to PwBD candidates).
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern for Typing Skill Test
RRB NTPCtyping skill test is conducted for the posts of Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist and Junior Time Keeper. The test is qualifying in nature. Candidates should be able to type 30 words per minute (WPM) in English or 25 WPM in Hindi on Computer. Candidates cannot use editing tool and spell check facility.
Marking scheme of RRB NTPC
• Candidates will get one mark for each correct answer
• There is negative marking for wrong answers and 1/3 marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
• The marks of each session of the test will be normalised since the exam is conducted in multiple sessions.
• There is normalisation of marks is undertaken to adjust the difficulty of question papers.